ZY Optics released a new and improved Zhongyi Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II lens designed for Sony E, Fuji X, Canon EOS-M mirrorless cameras (no MFT). The price of the new version is $799 (available for pre-order now).
- Exceptionally fast 35mm lens features an f/0.95 maximum aperture for selective focus control and working in low-light conditions.
- Designed for use with APS-C-sized image sensors, this lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 52.5mm.
- Six extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion as well as contribute to notable image sharpness and clarity.
- Manual focus design is complemented by both depth of field and distance scales for utilizing pre-focusing and zone focusing techniques.
- A ten-bladed aperture contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality.
Sample images can be downloaded here.
Shenyang China, Feb 14, 2016 – Zhongyi Optics (ZY Optics) has released an improved version of their first f/0.95 lens, Zhongyi Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II. The mark II verison features a drastic improvement of sharpness, better control of chromatic abberations and much compact size. The new version comes with a Fuji X / Sony E / EOS-M mount and is able to cover the image circle of APS-C sized sensors.
Zhongyi Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II is a ultra-fast prime lens which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of around 53mm in APS-C cameras. A maximum aperture of f/0.95 makes it extremely convenient to shoot at a low light conditions without flash. The new optical design incorporates a 11 elements in 8 groups structure, including 1pc of Extra- low disperson elements, 2 pcs of Extra-high Refractive Index elements and 3pcs of High Refractive Index elements. This structure effectively improved the image resolution by 30% compared to the previous version from corners to corners. This also controls the chromatic abberations very well and deliver excellent image sharpness even at f/0.95.
The new Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 is light and compact. The total weight is reduced from 680g to 460g, making it an ideal companion for the compact mirrorless cameras. Manual focus design and a click-less, silent aperture ring promote smooth handling and are especially well-suited to video applications. The lens is built in metallic enclosure with additional protective process and finest finishing, which gives extra durability and aesthetic.
Pricing & Availability
Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 is now available to purchase at ZY Optics authorized resellers and at our official website (http://www.zyoptics.net/). The Recommended Retail price is USD 599.
Shenyang Zhongyi Optical and Electronic Company (ZY Optics) is a leading Chinese camera lens & adapters manufacturer. We currently manufacture and distribute lenses and lens turbo adapters under the brand name of ‘Mitakon’ & ‘Zhongyi’.