With the introduction of the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens, Sony also announced the development of two new Vario-Sonnar T * models:
- 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
- 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
The new lenses will offer faster AF, better performance and will be dust and water proof. Shipping is expected to start in Spring of 2015.
Here is the updated Sony lens roadmap:
In addition to the a7 II camera, Sony announced also a new 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens (SAL70300G2) with a minimum shooting distance of 1.2m and 4 times faster AF tracking performance compared to the current SAL70300G model. Shipping will start on February 28th, 2015. The Japanese price is 132,000 yen (around $1,100).
Sample photos and lens MTF charts can be found here.
Fujifilm announced two new macro extension tubes: MCEX-11 and MCEX-16 (more information available here).
There are also new firmware updates for the X-E2, X-Pro1, X-E1 and X-T1, X-T1 graphite cameras.
Fuji also has a new HS-V5 for Windows tethered shooting software.
The previously rumored Sony a7 II mirrorless camera with with 5 axis in-body stabilization is now officially announced only in Japan for now. Shipping will start on December 5th, 2014. The new camera will be announced for the rest of the world in few months.
Sony a7 II camera specifications (sample photos can be found here and here):
Posted in Samsung Tagged Samsung NX1
The German TV and flash manufacturer Metz has filed for insolvency (insolvency is not the same as bankruptcy). Approximately 600 jobs would be affected.
Just yesterday the company announced up to $90 mail-in rebates on their flashes in the US.
Update: the new Sony a7 II camera is now officially announced.
In the next few days Sony will announce a new a7 II full frame camera (ILCE-7M2) with 5 axis in-body stabilization that will replace the current a7 version. This is what we know so far for the new model:
- 35mm full frame Exmor CMOS sensor with 24.3MP resolution
- 5 axis in-body stabilization
- LCD screen: 3.0", 1.23 million dots, 107 degrees upward, 41 degrees down tiltable
- EVF 0.5" with 2.36 million dots
- ISO range: 100-25,600 (ISO50 available). Video ISO rangeL 200-25,600
- Shutter speed: 30 seconds -1/8000 seconds
- The shape of the grip and position of the shutter button is changed
- Battery capacity: 270 shots when using EVF, 350 shots when using LCD screen
- Continuous shooting: 2.5 fps, 5 fps with speed-priority continuous shooting
- Video: XAVC S, AVCHD, MP4
- Battery: NP-FW50
- Size: 126.9mm x 95.7mm x 59.7mm
- Weight: 599g (including battery and memory card)
- New vertical grip VG -C2EM (sold separately) with two NP-FW50 batteries
- Media: Memory Stick PRO Duo / PRO-HG Duo / XC-HG Duo, SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I compatible)
Sony will also announce a new 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens: