Full press release after the break:
PENTAX K-7 Limited Silver
A silver-colored, limited-edition model of the high-performance digital SLR camera
HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Imaging Systems Division is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX K-7 Limited Silver digital SLR camera. To be marketed in a limited quantity of 1,000 sets, this special-edition model comes with several features that distinguish it from the original black-colored PENTAX K-7 (launched in summer 2009), including a silver-colored body and a “golden section ratio” focusing screen.
Major Features of PENTAX K-7 Limited Silver
- In response to the enthusiastic requests from many devoted PENTAX lovers, the camera body is finished in silver. It is identical with the color of the high-performance FA Limited interchangeable lens series, a family of lenses designed for the highest level of image description. Because of this, the K-7 Limited Silver is the perfect stylistic match for any FA Limited-series lens. Set in lower area of the camera body, the SR (Shake Reduction) lettering is in a special gold color that stands out proudly against the subdued black-colored, leather-like finish.
- The K-7 Limited Silver comes equipped with an exclusive “golden section ratio” focusing screen. Since the guiding lines and points are curved on the screen, the photographer can swiftly and effortlessly compose a perfectly balanced image in keeping with this classic design concept.
- The LCD monitor on the camera’s back panel is protected with a reinforced glass plate, which is highly shock- and scratch-resistant. This protective plate makes the K-7 Limited Silver even more durable and dependable than the original K-7, especially under demanding shooting conditions. Thanks to this extra protection, the photographer can concentrate on picture-taking in challenging outdoor assignments.
- The camera firmware has been upgraded to the latest version (Ver. 1.03) to make the camera’s lens compensation function operable with the FA Limited-series lenses.
- The latest version (Ver. 4.10) of the PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 image processing software is included in the camera package.
Note: The specifications of the camera body are identical with the original K-7, except for the focusing screen and firmware.
PENTAX, K-7, and PENTAX Digital Camera Utility are trademarks of HOYA CORPORATION.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
All other brands or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Design and Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Via Pentax Japan