The latest rumors on the upcoming Pentax K-1 full frame DSLR camera:
- The price is rumored to be €1,999 for the body-only (around $2,200, US prices are usually lower)
- The K-1 will be available as kit with the 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens
- New HD Pentax-D FA 15-30mm f/2.8 SDM lens will also be announced (it's basically a rebadged Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di USD)
- An updated roadmap will also be published
Via PentaxRumors.com, pictures via Adorama
Samyang announced two new lenses from their XEEN cinema line: 14mm T/3.1 and 35mm T/1.5.
One more XEEN wide angle lens is still to be announced:
Specifications comparison of all current XEN lenses:
Sigma filed a patent in Japan for 20mm f/1.8 DG HSM Contemporary lens:
- Patent number: 2016-12034
- Published on January 21, 2016
- Filed on June 30, 2014
- Focal length: 20.70 21.01
- F-number: 1.84 1.95
- Full angle of view 2ω: 93.42 90.34
- The image height Y: 21.63 21.63
- Overall length of the lens: 139.73 139.73
Canon has a patent application for a EF 16-35mm f / 2.8 L USM lens.
Posted in Canon, Sigma
In a recent interview with the Japanese website ascii.jp, Canon President of Marketing Sakata Masahiro confirmed that they are planning to "ship a lot of mirrorless products" in the third and fourth quarter of 2016. This means a possible new Canon mirrorless camera announcement for Photokina (September). Canon has ambitions to take the second spot in the mirrorless market (currently they are at #3 after Olympus and Sony). Interestingly enough, Nikon is also rumored to announce a new mirrorless system in late 2016/early 2017.
Canon recently filed a patent in Japan for a 50mm f/3.5 Macro IS lens designed for a full frame mirrorless camera.