- Franke & Heidecke
- Future of Photo Equipment
- JK Imaging
- Kenko Tokina
- Konica Minolta
- Nik Software
- Phase One
- Pocket Wizard
- PR reviews
- SLR Magic
- ThinkTank Photo
- Top 10 Posts
- Topaz Labs
Tags4k 2013 CP+ show 2014 CP+ show Adobe Lightroom 5 Canon EOS-M Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EVIL CES 2013 CES 2014 DxoMark test results firmware Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100 Fuji X-E1 Fuji X100s Lunar Olympus Micro Four Thirds (m4/3) Olympus OM-D Panasonic Lumix LX5 Patents Pentax 645D Pentax EVIL Pentax full frame DSLR Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Photokina 2012 Photokina 2014 Photo Rumors giveaway Rebates Ricoh GXR Roadmaps Samsung NX1 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Sigma SD1 Sony a77 Sony A850 Sony EVIL Sony NEX 7 Sony NEX C3 camera To be discontinued...
More PhotoRumors Stories
- Deal of the day: huge discounts on Pelican cases (up to 60% off)
- Samsung rumored to announce a new NX400/NX500 mirrorless camera powered by Tizen OS
- Canon executive confirms the development of a high megapixel DSLR camera
- Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens officially announced
- Get Adorama VIP membership for free (limited time offer)
- New Kodak Android devices to be announced at CES 2015
- Rokinon/Samyang teasing with a new 135mm lens?
- Last moment holidays gift idea: FotodioX replica crystal cameras
- Rumors: Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sport lens delayed due to manufacturing defects
- The latest firmware updates from Panasonic, Fuji, Canon and Sony
- Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A012) lens pricing and availability announced
- Olympus E-M5II camera on the horizon
- Phase One and ALPA officially announced their new A-Series medium format cameras
- Deal of the day: $120 off the X-Rite i1 Display Pro
- This new Yongnuo 50mm f/1.8 lens is an exact copy of the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
- Adobe Lightroom 5.7.1 now available
- New Ricoh GR camera price drop
- ProFoto announced HSS upgrade (1/8000 sec) for B1 off-camera flash
- Fujichrome Velvia 100F 120 film discontinued
- Lytro introduced new “Focus Spread” feature that allows you to pick the depth of field
- Adobe Camera Raw 8.7.1 released with Sony a7II support
- New price drops: Canon 5D Mk III and 6D – $300, Nikon D810 – $300, D610 – $500
- Just announced: Topaz Labs Glow software
- Samsung NX400 camera rumored specifications
- What else is new?
Samsung is rumored to announce new NX mirrorless camera powered by Tizen OS during the CES show in early January, 2015. Previous rumors suggested that the new model name will be NX400, while some websites suggest a new NX500 version. The new model will be a replacement for the current NX300M (also based on Tizen OS). Here are the rumored specifications:
In a recent interview with DC.Watch Canon's Senior Managing Director Maeda Masaya confirmed that a high megapixel DSLR camera is in development (Google translation):
Q: image sensor or will toward the size and high pixel size?
A: I am working in the high pixel camera. There are two ways of roughly divided into high pixel and high sensitivity to user needs. Although Canon was not preceded the high sensitivity system and say either, I think the future is to be going to move (overlooking the high pixel) In order to meet such as graphics-based user, also in the direction in which to go up the number of pixels.
High pixel camera towards users who want high image of the resolution will not believe, you soon out. This is the camera, such as was up the number of pixels while maintaining the pixel quality. Interchangeable lens I will expand as a "group". The ...... now that I want to add a new one line to EF lens any more does not say, please do not ask any more (laughs).
A dpreview forum member provided a nice recap of the entire interview:
Tokina officially announced their latest AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens (Aspherical, IF, APS-C) - one of the two prototypes shown at the 2014 Photokina show. The new lens will be a replacement for the current Tokina 11-16mm f / 2.8 and will be available in Nikon and Canon mounts. Shipping will start in February 2015, the price in Japan will be ¥100,000 (around $800, US price not announced yet).
Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens specifications:
Kodak has partnered with mobile device manufacturer Bullitt Group and are planning to announce new Android based devices at the 2015 CES show that will take place in early January in Las Vegas: