- Franke & Heidecke
- Future of Photo Equipment
- JK Imaging
- Kenko Tokina
- Konica Minolta
- Nik Software
- Phase One
- Pocket Wizard
- PR reviews
- SLR Magic
- ThinkTank Photo
- Top 10 Posts
- Topaz Labs
Tags4k 2013 CP+ show 2014 CP+ show Canon EOS-M Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EVIL CES 2013 CES 2014 DxoMark test results firmware Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100 Fuji X-E1 Fuji X100s Lunar Olympus Micro Four Thirds (m4/3) Olympus OM-D Panasonic Lumix LX5 Patents Pentax 645D Pentax 645z Pentax EVIL Pentax full frame DSLR Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Photokina 2012 Photokina 2014 Photo Rumors giveaway Rebates Ricoh GXR Roadmaps Samsung NX1 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Sigma SD1 Sony a77 Sony A850 Sony EVIL Sony NEX 7 Sony NEX C3 camera To be discontinued...
More PhotoRumors Stories
- Fuji X100T and Samsung NX1 cameras are now in stock in the US
- Black Friday deals on photo gear
- Sony a7 II could start shipping worldwide in January 2015
- Sony announced the development of two new Vario-Sonnar T* lenses: 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II and 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
- Sony announced a new 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens (SAL70300G2)
- New Fuji MCEX-11 and MCEX-16 macro extension tubes plus X cameras firmware updates announced
- Sony a7 II mirrorless camera with 5 axis in-body stabilization officially announced
- Samsung NX1 mirrorless camera now shipping
- Metz files for insolvency
- New Sony α7 II (ILCE-7M2) camera and 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens to be announced in the next few days
- Adobe released Lightroom 5.7 and DNG Converter 8.7
- The latest patents from Sigma, Canon and Panasonic
- X-series filters on Kickstarter
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS lens now shipping
- Fujifilm X-T1 graphite silver edition now shipping
- Significant discounts offered by almost all camera manufacturers
- Sony announced the first 21MP Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor with image plane phase detection signal processing function for high-speed AF
- Phottix announced two new Mitros TTL flash units for Sony multi-interface hotshoe
- What else is new?
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T* lens now shipping
- Canon Germany leaked the EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens on their website
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens officially announced
- New Rokinon 12mm T3.1 ED AS IF NCS UMC Cine DS fisheye lens announced
- The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens already announced? *UPDATED*
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and 1D X Mark II cameras rumored for early 2015 release
I already started collecting all of the current deals and rebates on photo gear for the upcoming holiday season (including Black Friday and Cyber Monday) into one place - there is now a new tab in the navigation called "Deals":
Bookmark this page as I will be updating it in the next few weeks.
The new Sony a7 II is for now officially announced only in Japan and will start shipping on December 5th, 2014. The latest Sony mirrorless camera with with 5 axis in-body stabilization will most likely start shipping worldwide in January, 2015. The European price will be 1,800 EUR.
A new firmware for the Sony A77 II camera will be released in December, 2014.
Sony announced the development of two new Vario-Sonnar T* lenses: 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II and 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
With the introduction of the 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens, Sony also announced the development of two new Vario-Sonnar T * models:
- 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
- 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
The new lenses will offer faster AF, better performance and will be dust and water proof. Shipping is expected to start in Spring of 2015.
Here is the updated Sony lens roadmap:
In addition to the a7 II camera, Sony announced also a new 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II lens (SAL70300G2) with a minimum shooting distance of 1.2m and 4 times faster AF tracking performance compared to the current SAL70300G model. Shipping will start on February 28th, 2015. The Japanese price is 132,000 yen (around $1,100).
Sample photos and lens MTF charts can be found here.
Fuji also has a new HS-V5 for Windows tethered shooting software.
The previously rumored Sony a7 II mirrorless camera with with 5 axis in-body stabilization is now officially announced only in Japan for now. Shipping will start on December 5th, 2014. The new camera will be announced for the rest of the world in few months.