- Franke & Heidecke
- Future of Photo Equipment
- JK Imaging
- Kenko Tokina
- Konica Minolta
- Meyer Optik Görlitz
- Nik Software
- Phase One
- Pocket Wizard
- PR reviews
- SLR Magic
- ThinkTank Photo
- Top 10 Posts
- Topaz Labs
- Venus Optics
Tags4k 2014 CP+ show 2015 CP+ show Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 Canon EOS-M Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EVIL CES 2013 CES 2014 DxoMark test results firmware Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100 Fuji X-E1 Fuji X100s Lightroom CC Lunar Olympus E-M5II Olympus Micro Four Thirds (m4/3) Olympus OM-D Panasonic Lumix LX5 Patents Pentax 645D Pentax EVIL Pentax full frame DSLR Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Photokina 2012 Photokina 2014 Photo Rumors giveaway Rebates Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR Roadmaps Samsung NX1 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX200 Sony a77 Sony A850 Sony EVIL Sony NEX 7 Sony NEX C3 camera To be discontinued...
More PhotoRumors Stories
- GoPro HERO+ LCD is a new entry level action camera with a LCD screen
- No, you won’t get a Sony a7r camera for $199
- New Phase One XF medium format camera, new LS lenses and IQ3 digital backs leaked online
- Fuji X-E2 firmware update coming soon
- Canon patents the world’s first tilt-shift zoom lens with image stabilization (IS) and macro capabilities
- Sigma to use the new Foveon X3 Quattro Direct sensor in a future DSLR camera
- Last chance to take advantage of those deals
- New Lomography Petzval 58mm Bokeh Control Art lens announced
- Pentax K-3 II now in stock, new Pentax K-3 firmware update 1.21 released
- Dehaze feature coming to Adobe Lightroom CC
- GoPro to release a quadcopter and a VR camera array
- The latest patents from Ricoh, Tamron, Olympus and Canon
- Fuji X-T10 vs. Fuji X-T1 camera specifications comparison
- Canon EOS Rebel SL2 rumors
- What else is new?
- Zeiss is working on new Batis lenses
- The latest Pentax news/rumors
- Meyer Optik Goerlitz Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 lens coming soon
- Another Hasselblad Stellar camera price drop
- Canon EF 1200mm f/5.6 L USM lens review
- Sneak peek of an early prototype of Adobe’s mobile retouching
- The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is now in stock
- Price drop: the black Fuji X100T camera is now $300 off on Amazon
- Ricoh GR II camera to be announced soon
- Topaz Simplify plugin is 30% off till the end of May
An error on the Sony online store caused a lot of discussion on reddit yesterday - a brand new Sony a7r mirrorless camera was listed for $199.99. Of course all orders got canceled, except those paid with PayPal... but don't hold you breath, they will get canceled too. Sony will never sell you a $2,000 camera for $200. Don't waste your time.
This is the new Phase one medium format camera that has been rumored for almost 2 years now. The new model is rumored to have some kind of IS technology build in. There will be also two new LS lenses that can support over 100MP resolution - Schneider Kreuznach 120mm LS f/4 Macro and 35mm LS f/3.5:
Canon patents the world’s first tilt-shift zoom lens with image stabilization (IS) and macro capabilities
Canon filed a patent for a tilt-shift lens with image stabilization (IS). Currently there are no other tilt-shift lenses with IS on the market. The lens design reveals two different IS systems - one for the tilt and one for the shift. What is even more intersting: the technical documentation even describes zoom and macro capabilities (!?). Focal length and aperture were not listed in the patent application.
First, we started with the sensor development. We had already been discussing what kind of sensor we make with the Foveon, Inc. and we as SIGMA wanted to improve image quality (resolution) by increasing the number of pixels. The Quattro image sensor was born to deal with the increased data. As the first camera to have the new sensor, we chose the dp because of the shockless body and the dedicated lens optimized for the ultra high-resolution capturing. Of course, we're planning to use the sensor for the SLR SD body.
Here is more info on the new Foveon “Quattro” Direct Image sensor (from Sigma's press release):
→ Rocky Nook is running a 40% off all eBooks sales this week - use coupon code PHOTOMONTH at checkout.
→ May 31st is also your last chance to enter the Adobe Lightroom CC book giveaway.
Here are few other ongoing deals: