- Franke & Heidecke
- Future of Photo Equipment
- JK Imaging
- Kenko Tokina
- Konica Minolta
- Nik Software
- Phase One
- Pocket Wizard
- PR reviews
- SLR Magic
- ThinkTank Photo
- Top 10 Posts
- Topaz Labs
Tags3D 4k 2013 CP+ show 2014 CP+ show Canon EOS-M Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EVIL CES 2013 CES 2014 DxoMark test results firmware Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100 Fuji X-E1 Fuji X100s Lunar Olympus Micro Four Thirds (m4/3) Olympus OM-D Panasonic Lumix LX5 Patents Pentax 645D Pentax EVIL Pentax full frame DSLR Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7 Pentax NC-1 Photokina 2012 Photo Rumors giveaway price increase Rebates Ricoh GXR Roadmaps Samsung NX10 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Sigma SD1 Sony a77 Sony A850 Sony EVIL Sony NEX 7 Sony NEX C3 camera To be discontinued...
More PhotoRumors Stories
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens now available for pre-order on Amazon
- New Samyang Optics teaser for April 28th
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens (Canon version) tested at DxOmark
- Mitakon 50mm f/0.95 lens price: $800
- What else is new?
- Zeiss to announce a new Otus 85mm f/1.4 lens for Photokina
- The latest patents from Google, Panasonic, Tamron, Canon and Olympus
- New Mitakon 50mm f/0.95 lens from MXcamera
- Fujifilm announced 14.x TCL-X100 tele-conversion lens for the X100, new X-T1 accessories
- Pentax 645z sample images
- Pentax 645z medium format camera officially announced
- Sigma USB lens dock for Pentax and Sony mounts coming next
- 13 Pentax 645 medium format FA lenses coming to the US
- Pentax 645z detailed specifications
- Additional Pentax 645z pictures leaked online
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens price announced: $949, available for pre-order
- The new Sony a7s camera to cost twice as much as the regular a7 model?
- The new Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD MACRO (Model B016) lens will start shipping on April 24th
- New: Lomography RUSSAR+ ART 20mm f/5.6 lens for L39/M mounts
- Pentax 645z medium format camera US price: $8,500
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art pricing to be announced tonight, shipping starts on April 25
- New Lensbaby 5.8mm f/3.5 circular fisheye lens announced
- The new Pentax 645z medium format camera will shoot 4k video, announcement on April 14th
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens: price and Zeiss Otus comparison
- What else is new? (NAB 2014 edition)
Samyang has a new teaser for a "second step of Samyang Optics in 2014" that will happen on April 28th. My guess is that they will announce a new line of autofocus (AF) lenses and a redesigned logo (previously reported here).
Sigma 50mm Art vs. Zeiss Otus vs. Zeiss Planar
Sigma 50mm Art vs. Sigma 50mm vs. Zeiss Makro-Planar
Sigma 50mm Art vs. Canon 50mm f/1.2 vs. Canon 50mm f/1.4
→ Two new Canon EOS M mirrorless camera are rumored to be announced by the end of the year (Q3). Most likely we will not see them in the US.
→ Canon announced a white edition of the EOS 100D camera and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens in the UK.
Zeiss is rumored to announce a new Otus 85mm f/1.4 lens for the 2014 Photokina show in September. Two new Otus lenses (including a fast f/1.4 wide angle model) were already mentioned last year in interview with Zeiss reps.
Zeiss currently has only one Otus lens - the Distagon T* 55mm f/1.4.
→ Google patented a camera embedded in contact lenses.
→ Panasonic filed a patent for a high resolution light field camera.
→ Tamron filed a patent for a 15-50mm f/1.4 lens designed for 1/1.7" sensor.