Tag Archives: CIPA reports

June’s BCN ranking camera sales report: the top 11 spots taken by Nikon and Canon

BCN ranking published their top-selling cameras report for the month of June. The first 11 spots are all taken by Nikon and Canon (the first Sony camera is at the #15 spot, the first Fuji camera is at the #45 spot out of 50). As far as I know, BCN collects sales data from approximately 2/3 of all […]

Posted in Canon, Nikon | Also tagged | Leave a comment

April CIPA report: mirrorless shipments up, DSLR shipments down, approximately one mirrorless produced for every two DSLR cameras so far this year

CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association in Japan) published their April report. The downturn continues – the total number of shipped digital cameras is lower compared to the same month in previous years (orange: 2018, black: 2017, blue: 2016, click for larger view). The table with the actual numbers can be found here: DSLR numbers: compared […]

Posted in Other | Tagged | Leave a comment

March CIPA report: the downturn continues

CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association in Japan) published their March report. The downturn continues – the total number of shipped digital cameras is lower compared to the same month in previous years (orange: 2018, black: 2017, blue: 2016, click for larger view). The table with the actual numbers can be found here: DSLR numbers: compared […]

Posted in Other | Tagged | Leave a comment

February CIPA report: DSLR cameras production has better numbers than mirrorless

CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association in Japan) published their February report. The downturn continues – the total number of shipped digital cameras is lower compared to the same month in previous years (orange: 2018, black: 2017, blue: 2016, click for larger view). The table with the actual numbers can be found here (click for larger view). […]

Posted in Other | Also tagged | Leave a comment

Latest CIPA report: a significant drop in camera shipments for January

CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association in Japan) published their January report. The downturn continues – the number of shipped interchangeable lens digital cameras is lower compared to the same month of last year (orange: 2018, black: 2017, blue: 2016, click for larger view). The table with the actual numbers can be found here (click for larger […]

Posted in Other | Tagged | Leave a comment

The 2017 CIPA camera shipment report is out

CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association in Japan) published their 2017 report and there are no big surprises – here is a quick recap from CanonRumors: “DSLR sales accounted for about 65% of total shipments for the ILC segment, with mirrorless making up the other 35%. Adoption of mirrorless cameras is driven by Japan and […]

Posted in Other | Tagged | 14 Responses

November CIPA report: system camera shipments down again compared to last year

CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association in Japan) published their November report. The downturn continues – the number of shipped interchangeable lens digital cameras is lower compared to the same month of last year (orange: 2017, black: 2016, blue: 2015, click for larger view). The table with the actual numbers can be found here (click for larger […]

Posted in Other | Tagged | 28 Responses