For now SLR Magic lenses are available on eBay.
SLR Magic expands its micro four thirds lineup with new ultra wide angle lens
Hong Kong, China (November 11, 2011) - SLR Magic expands the micro four thirds lens lineup with the new SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm F1.6 ultra wide angle lens. With this latest addition, the portfolio of lenses for the micro four thirds system is now comprised of five focal lengths. The world's fastest lens in this focal length, the SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm F1.6 will be available in November 2011.
The field of view of this new HyperPrime Lens corresponds to a 24mm lens in 35mm format and this ultra fast wide angle of view opens up many new creative composition opportunities, particularly in the fields of interior, architectural and landscape cinematography and photography. Additionally, an ultra fast max aperture of F1.6 makes the SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm F1.6 ideal for available-light photography.
We place our highest priority in the development of all HyperPrime lenses to fulfill the demands of professional cinematographers and photographers. The design and build of the SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm F1.6 is solid and reliable.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm F1.6 will be available from authorized SLR Magic dealers end November 2011.
- Lens Type: Ultra Fast wide-angle lens with three Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
- Compatible Cameras: All micro four thirds mount cameras
- Optical Design: 12 elements in 10 groups
- Distance Settings: Distance range: 0.15m to ∞, combined scale meter/feet
- Aperture: Manually controlled diaphragm, 12 aperture blades (circular), Lowest value 11
- Bayonet: micro four thirds
- Filter Mount: internal thread for SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional) lens hood for 77mm filter; filter mount does not rotate.
- Lens Hood: SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional)
- Surface Finish: Black anodized
- Length to bayonet mount: approx. 73/81mm (approx. 2.87 /3.18in) (without/with lens hood)
- Largest diameter: approx. 60/79mm (approx. 2.36 / 3.11in) (without/with lens hood)
- Weight: approx. 330g (approx. 11.64oz)