This is the first picture of the SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm f/1.7 lens for E-mount. The estimated introductory price will be $379 USD.
SLR Magic is currently looking for volunteers to test this lens. If you are interested:
- Send an email to sales [at] noktor [dot] com with the subject "SLR Magic 23mm F1.7 volunteer".
- Include sample videos/photos or link to photo/video reviews you have done.
Currently SLRMagic/Noktor lenses are sold only on their eBay store.
SLR Magic expands its E-mount lineup with a new HyperPrime 23mm f/1.7 wide angle lens
Hong Kong, China (December 8, 2011) - SLR Magic expands the E-mount lens lineup with the new SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm F1.7 wide angle lens. With this latest addition, the portfolio of lenses for the E-mount system is now comprised of three focal lengths. The world's fastest interchangeable camera lens with APS-C coverage in this focal length, the SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm F1.7 will be available in January 2012.
The field of view of this new HyperPrime Lens corresponds to a 35mm lens in 35mm format and this fast wide angle of view opens up many new creative composition opportunities, particularly in the fields of candid, street, and landscape cinematography and photography. A minimum focus distance of 0.15m allows for pleasing defocused backgrounds. Additionally, a fast max aperture of F1.7 makes the SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm F1.7 ideal for available-light photography.
We place our highest priority in the development of all HyperPrime lenses to fulfill the demands of professional cinematographers and photographers. The design and build of the SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm F1.7 is solid and reliable.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime 23mm F1.7 will be available from authorized SLR Magic dealers by the end of January 2012.
- Lens Type: Fast wide-angle lens with five Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
- Compatible Cameras: All E-mount cameras
- Optical Design: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Distance Settings: Distance range: 0.15m to ∞, combined scale meter/feet
- Aperture: Manually controlled diaphragm, 12 aperture blades (circular), Lowest value 22
- Bayonet: E-mount
- Filter Mount: 49mm; filter mount does not rotate.
- Surface Finish: Black anodized
- Dimension: approx. 50mm (approx. 1.97in)
- Largest diameter: approx. 61mm (approx. 2.40in)
- Weight: approx. 240g (approx. 8.47oz)