Here is a better translation of the key points from the interviews with several camera manufacturers about their future plans (thanks Erik):
- Working on a new mirrorless camera that is very “Olympus-like”, but not PEN.
- The viewfinder is the key.
- E-5 replacement is in the works.
- Does a mirrorless camera really need exchangeable lenses?
- Can we make a compact or DSLR that can beat the mirrorless cameras? (they believe they have it)
- Higher sensitivity rather than high resolution (probably refers to quality over megapixels)
- Expanding the DP-series line-up of cameras
- SD-series cameras will use APS-C sensors
- Mirrorless camera lenses in the works
- Smaller E-mount lenses coming
- One hundred mega pixels not a strange thing soon
- Everyone will use electronic shutters
- Replacements for D3 and D700 coming
- Specialize on High sensitivity, High resolution and high speed
- Compact camera focused on how you use it to fight the smart-phone camera usage
- We will win with high-end cameras like the X100 and X10
- Much faster autofocus and entry-level camera is coming
- A mirrorless that beats full-frame cameras
- Once you have tasted high-resolution you can’t go back
- 100% viewfinders for low-end cameras too
- Mirrorless for full-frame and 645
- Sensor unit that can use Pentax lenses
- GR digital with zoom lens
- Compact made for black/white photography