- Canon filed a patent application in Japan for automatic tracking of celestial objects by shifting the sensor. Canon recently announced the EOS 60Da DSLR camera tailored for astronomy photography.
- Canon also filed a patent that will allow photographers to obscure some of the embedded EXIF data for privacy.
- Novoflex announced new lens adapters for Fuji X-Pro1 camera. Some samples using Leica M lenses on the X-Pro1 camera with the Kipon L/M-FX adapter can be found here.
- On the same day Olympus announced their TG-1 iHS , Fujifilm released their own rugged FinePix XP170 camera.
Many major camera manufacturers announced their financial results this week:
- Sony reported a record annual loss of $5.7 billion.
- Panasonic reported record loss, shares hit 3-decade low.
- Olympus is also expected to post larger-than-expected loss.
- Fuji also posted declined revenue and income for the 2011 fiscal year.
In the mean time Nikon reported better than expected financial results for 2012.