- Olympus confirms 2,700 layoffs, plans to focus on mirrorless and high-end compact cameras.
- Fujifilm's digital camera REAL 3D W3 ($275) currently being used to take 3D images of the International Space Station (ISS).
- Next generation iPhone rumored to adopt thinner and improved front and rear cameras.
- Rollei announced 4 new add-on lenses for the iPhone.
- Fuji X-Pro1 firmware ver. 1.10 is out - it includes support for their new M mount adapter and other fixes.
- Has Canon revealed its mirrorless technology?
- David Pogue wrote in the NYTimes that a new "small camera with astonishing photographic results" will be announced in few weeks:
"You cannot believe what’s about to come down the photographic pike. Trust me: If you’re in the market for a small camera with astonishing photographic results, hold off for a few weeks."
The article appeared online after the Sony RX100 was announced.