- Getty Images sold for $3.3 Billion.
- Canon recalls EOS Rebel T4i DSLR camera (EOS 650D/EOS Kiss X6i overseas models) because of defective rubber grips that could cause skin allergies or irritation.
- New Canon patent for improved phase detection autofocus.
- Researchers achieve 'highest possible' 100,000dpi color laser printing.
- Future cameras may have lithium-ion batteries that recharge in minutes.
- Fujifilm X-Pro1 was chosen as the European Professional Compact System Camera 2012-2013 by EISA (Nikon got the best camera of the year award):
- Instagram 3.0 got a new feature called Photo Maps:
Introducing Photo Maps, a new way to browse photos on Instagram! With Photo Map you can showcase where you’ve taken your photos, or explore where others have taken photos on a map. Maps take you beyond recently posted photos and let you rediscover previously Instagrammed memories.