Some interesting points from a recent AP interview with Samsung Digital Imaging Sales and Marketing Vice President SH Lim after the announcement of the Galaxy Android camera:
- Future Samsung Galaxy cameras will feature a larger sensor if consumers demand it.
- Samsung may extend Android technology to the NX system cameras.
- Samsung will continue to offer cheaper Wi-Fi enabled low-end compact cameras.
- Samsung will not announce any new NX cameras this year.
- In the future Samsung will concentrate on compact system cameras, not DSLRs, however the company doesn't rule out future alliance with other DSLR companies.
- It took Samsung one year to develop the Galaxy Android camera that is assembled in China.