On top of all Photokina announcements this week, Apple also revealed their new iPhone 5. The camera and lens inside the new iPhone remain similar to the previous version, but 25% thinner in order to accommodate the new design.
What's the same:
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- f/2.5 lens with 5 optical elements
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Photo and video geotagging
- Dynamic low light mode
- Sapphire crystal cover
- Panorama mode - can produce a 28MP image
- Faster image capture
- Improved video stabilization
- Snapshots during video recording
More full resolution photos taken with the iPhone 5 can be found here.