The full descriptions, features and specs of the Panasonic GH3 was published on Samy's Camera ahead of the official announcement tomorrow. The price of the camera is set at $1299.99. Here are the rest of the details:
The Panasonic DMC-GH3 Lumix Body (Black), is a new and highly evolved model from LUMIX, creator of the world’s first digital single lens mirrorless (DSLM) camera.
The body has been engineered to incorporate a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor, a 4-CPU Venus Engine, and a newly designed low-pass filter. The creative expression made possible by these innovations, render even the finest textures in intricate detail, breaking new ground in photographic realism. The new model also features Contrast AF with a high level of response. And its magnesium alloy frame is tightly sealed to resist splashes and dust, making the DMC-GH3 rugged enough to withstand the rigors of professional use.
- 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Double OLED Display
- Splash/Dustproof Design
- Full-HD Progressive
- Smartphone or Tablet Linking
In addition to supporting a wide range of recording formats, the DMC-GH3 features a special heat-dispersing design for extended high-quality recording. Its specifications match those of many professional cameras, ensuring that it meets the demands of video field work. The LUMIX GH3 was designed from the ground up to provide seamless multi-media performance for both stills and videos. It may well be the world’s first camera to please professional photographers by offering them the best of both.
The DMC-GH3 features a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor with a level of sensitivity that produces flowing gradation from shadows to highlights. High resolution and a wide dynamic range create truly stunning images that look like you could reach out and touch them. High-sensitivity ISO 12800 (extended: ISO 25600) and extensive noise reduction give you remarkable images even in dim lighting.
In the DMC-GH3′s Contrast AF system, the image sensor doubles as the AF sensor to resist any mechanical margin of error. Compared with Phase Difference AF, the focusing is precise even at small F-numbers. A faster sensor and engine also achieve a higher focus detection speed than most traditional DSLR models.
The DMC-GH3 gives you 1920 x 1080 60p [NTSC] / 50p [PAL] Full-HD recording. Progressive scanning records every frame, so the amount of data contained is twice that of interlace scanning, and the images have extremely high definition.
The Wi-Fi(R) function lets you use a smartphone* to make settings and press the shutter button remotely, a short distance from the camera. The auto transfer function is handy for automatically backing up photos onto a tablet. This lets you monitor them on the tablet without having to upload them to a PC. You can also start timer interval video recordings from a smartphone. And you can use GPS data to simultaneously record the shooting location onto your images.
- Effective Megapixels 16.05 Megapixels
- Megapixels 17.20 Megapixels
- Image Sensor Live MOS/17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Sensitivity 200 – 12800
- Storage Media SD Secure Digital
- Compatible Memory Card SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Lcd Monitor Type OLED Monitor with static touch control
- Lcd Screen Size 3.0 in.
- Computer Interface USB 2.0 High Speed
- Lens Focal Length Multiplier Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
- Maximum Shutter Speed 1/4000
- Exposure Modes Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Shutter Speeds 60 – 1/4000th
- Builtin Flash Yes: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction (when iA, iA+), Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction
- Battery Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1860mAh)
- Dimensions 132.9 x 93.4 x 82.0mm / 5.23 x 3.68 x 3.23 in
- Weight Approx. 470g / 16.58 oz (Body only)
- Auto Focus Contrast AF system
- Flash Type TTL Built-in-Flash
- Red Eye Reduction yes
- Continuous Shooting Speed 6 fps
- Weather Proof no
- White Balance Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent, Flash, White Set 1, 2, Color temperature setting
- Video Resolution 1080 Full HD
The Panasonic GH3 is bigger and heavier than the previous GH2 model ($699):