Update: I think there was a misunderstanding in the information I received - there is no Canon price increase coming tomorrow, just that some of the rebates are expiring and Canon (just like Nikon) is starting to enforce their MAP pricing, which will lead to a price increase.
Starting November 1st, 2012 (tomorrow) Canon will increase their prices for DSLRs and lenses in the US, for example:
- Canon 5D Mark III (body only) price now: $3,194, new price: $3,499
- Canon 5D Mark III with 24-105mm f/4L IS kit price now: $3,949, new price: $4,299
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II (body only) price now: $2,099, new price $2,199
- Canon 5D Mark II with 24-105mm f/4L IS lens kit price now: $2,899, new price: $2,999
- Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS lens price now: $969, new price: $1,149
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens price now: $255, new price: $299.00