Here is quick update on what to expect from Fujifilm, Olympus, Sony, Panasonic and Nikon for the CES show (January 8-11 2013):
Fujifilm will announce 5 new FinePix cameras: 3 super zooms, one rugged model and 0ne "regular" compact camera. The top of the line superzoom (pictured above) is rumored to have a very fast AF. I still do not have reliable information about a potential X10 or X100 replacement, but those two cameras are still a possibility.
Olympus will probably announce 6 new point and shoot cameras: 3 rugged models and 3 super zoom cameras (with 24x-48x zooms). None of the new cameras will be high-end or m4/3.
Sony will also introduce several new Cybershot models. I do not have any details, but I also do not expect anything groundbreaking.
Panasonic will announce 10 different compact cameras (via digicame-info):
- DMC-TS25 (FT series in Japan), 16.1MP sensor, 4x zoom
- DMC-TS5 (FT series in Japan), 16.1MP sensor, 4.6x zoom
- DMC-XS1, 16.1MP sensor, 5x zoom
- DMC-ZS25 (TZ series in Japan), 16.1MP sensor, 20x zoom
- DMC-ZS30 (TZ series in Japan), 18.2MP sensor, 20x zoom
- DMC-LZ30, 16.1MP sensor, 35x zoom
- DMC-SZ3, 16.1MP sensor, 10x zoom
- DMC-SZ9, 16.1MP sensor, 10x zoom
- DMC-F5, 14.1MP sensor, 5x zoom
- DMC-FH10, 16.1MP sensor, 5x zoom