Update: additional specifications are available here.
The signs for a new Ricoh GR camera has been out for few months: Ricoh has recently filed patents for several new lenses designed for APS-C cameras and the GR Digital IV has been listed as discontinued for a while. Here are the latest specifications of the soon to be released new Ricoh Digital GR compact digital camera with a fixed 28mm f/2.8 lens and 16MP APS-C sensor (Google translation):
- The name of the new camera is GR and not GRV.
- 16 MP sensor APS-C size. The same sensor is used in the K-5II DSLR camera.
- New 28mm f/2.8 GR lens without any type of image stabilization.
- AF speed is much faster than the Nikon Coolpix A, slightly inferior to the X100S.
- The new GR will have almost the same size as Ricoh GR1, body size has been scaled up slightly from the GR Digital IV, it is lighter than Coolpix A.
- New Fn button has been added.
- Announcement in late April, release in mid-May.
- Price around $1000.