It seems that Fujifilm will soon officially announced their Fujinon XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8R LM OIS lens (83-300mm equivalent) from their lens roadmap - there are two new videos from the Fuji Guys and the lens is already listed at B&H:
Fujifilm Fujinon XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8R LM OIS lens specifications and details from B&H:
|Filter Thread||Front: 62 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.95 x 4.65" (75 x 118 mm)|
|Weight||20.46 oz (580 g)|
The XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Lens from Fujifilm is a telephoto zoom lens for the Fujifilm X-series mirrorless cameras. It offers a 35mm focal length equivalency of 84-305mm, providing portrait length to super telephoto capabilities. The minimum focus distance is 3.6' at all focal lengths, enabling telephoto close-ups. With OIS Image Stabilization, it provides up to 4.5 stops of shake correction for sharp imaging in low light situations or when utilizing its longest focal lengths. Two linear motors facilitate high speed auto focus (0.28 seconds) as well as smooth and quiet operation, which is important for stability at long focal lengths, and when shooting video.
The lens configuration includes one aspherical element, two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements, and one Super ED element to minimize chromatic aberration and provide corner to corner sharpness throughout the zoom range. Fujifilm's HT-EBC lens coating controls reflections and substantially reduces flare and ghosting.
The lens barrel itself is constructed of high quality metal and includes both a focusing ring and aperture ring for easy adjustments while keeping your eye on the subject. The aperture ring offers 17 stops in 1/3 EV steps, and the steps are click stops for accurate manual control.
- An advanced optical design covering a wide range of telephoto focal lengths with a 35mm format focal length equivalency of 84-305mm
- Optical Image Stabilization provides 4.5 stops of correction for sharp, blur-free imaging at long focal lengths and in low light shooting conditions.
- Dual linear motors for fast, accurate and quiet auto focus operation
- Minimum focus distance of 3.6' (1.1 m) across the entire zoom range allows telephoto close-ups and detailed imaging.
- Aspherical, Extra Low Dispersion and Super Extra Low Dispersion lens elements provide sharp imaging at all focal lengths and apertures and minimize chromatic aberrations.
- HT-EBC coating on the entire lens surface controls reflections and reduces flare and ghosting.
- Aperture ring with 1/3 EV click stops easily adjusts the aperture while holding the camera to your eye and a metal focus ring offers precise manual focus control.
- Metal lens barrel and high quality construction make this lens lightweight for its focal lengths, portable and durable.
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the new "FUJINON XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS" lens for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 compact system cameras.
FUJINON XF lenses feature advanced lens engineering, capable of drawing the maximum performance out of the highly-descriptive "X-Trans CMOS Sensor" in the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras. The new FUJINON XF55-200mm lens produces sharp images across its entire zoom range, well resolved corner-to-corner. The fast F3.5-4.8 lens facilitates image capture in scenes requiring a fast shutter speed. Its image stabilization function enables the use of shutter speeds 4.5 stops slower, preventing camera shake even when shooting hand-held in low-light, or at a stopped down aperture. Furthermore, it is built to include two linear motors for high-speed AF of 0.28 seconds*, instantaneously focusing on your subject.
- Built with advanced optical design to cover the mid-telephoto (84mm**) to telephoto (305mm**) range and deliver the large maximum aperture of F3.5-4.8 despite its compact size; offering mobility and high descriptive performance at the same time.
- Featuring image stabilization that allows the use of shutter speeds 4.5 stops slower; detecting a wide range of camera shakes from low to high frequencies to deliver advanced correction
- Uses two linear motors for high-speed AF and quiet operation, making the lens suitable for video recording as well
- Features two ED lens elements including one Super ED lens element that boasts performance equivalent to that of fluorite lenses; controlling chromatic aberrations, which typically occur in long focal lengths, to produce images that resolve well corner-to-corner across the its entire zoom range
- Applying FUJINON's proprietary "HT-EBC(High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating)" on the entire lens surface to achieve a highly preventative measure against reflections, and to control flair and ghosting
- Offering the minimum working distance of 1.1m across the entire zoom range to enable telephoto close-ups, capturing a small part of a subject
- Featuring a 1/3EV step aperture ring so that users can easily adjust the aperture whilst holding the camera up to their eye
- The focus ring and aperture ring are made from metal and have been designed to have a high quality feel, with the benefit of being extra robust