Last week I mentioned that Samyang will be releasing two new APS-C lenses this summer. According to Samyang's Facebook page, one of the new lenses will be 16mm f/2 ED AS UMC CS. The US price will be $449. Here are the known specs:
- Rectilinear imaging system
- 13 elements in 11 groups, 2 aspherical lenses
- Filter size: 77mm
- Angle of view: 83.1 degrees for Nikon version and 79.5 for Canon
- Weight: 571g
- Available for Canon EF+M, Nikon F, Sony A+NEX, Pentax, Fuji X, Four Thirds, Micro Four Thirds and Samsung NX mounts.
- The released date will be at the end of June or in mid-July.
Please note that at the 2012 Photokina show Samyang announced a 10mm f/2.8 ED AS UMC CS lens that has not been released yet (for APS-C cameras).
A new Samyang 50mm f/1.2 lens is also on the roadmap for 2014.