Fujifilm officially announced the previously rumored entry level X-A1 mirrorless camera and Fujinon XC 50-230mm f/4.5-6.7 OIS lens. The X-A1 will be priced at $599.95 in the US (including 16-50mm kit lens, check Amazon for other available kits). Shipping will start on October 30th, 2013. The price of the 50-230mm lens is $399.95 and it will start shipping on November 15th. Few sample images are available here.
Additional coverage after the break:
Fujifilm X-A1 summary:
- The X-A1 has the compact and lightweight feel of Fujifilm's recently launched X-M1, but this time features an APS-C CMOS sensor and EXR Processor II offering high quality image capture. The 16M large APS-C CMOS sensor for rich tonal expression, created a beautiful "bokeh" effect, increased dynamic range and support for a maximum 25600 ISO.
- It is in line with Fujifilm's strong X design and for the first time, Fujifilm has introduced a more varied range of colors to the mix. And it is designed to enable one-handed operation with intuitive and quick selection of functions for casual shooting. All the operation buttons and dials are positioned on the right side of the camera's rear panel in pursuit. And, the movie button enables you to instant switch to movie recording even while shooting still images.
- With a tiltable high-definition LCD monitor, built-in flash and Wi-Fi®* link to transfer photos to smartphones, the FUJIFILM X-A1 has all the features consumers will be looking for when venturing into compact system cameras for the first time.
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Hi-speed EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 0.5 secs**, shutter lag of 0.05 secs and a maximum burst speed of 5.6 fps(max. 30 frames***)
- Ultra compact and lightweight body
- Tiltable 3-inch LCD (920K-dots high definition)
- Built-in flash with Fujifilm's Super Intelligent Flash technology
- ISO200-6400 in 1/3 step increments (and extended range of ISO100, ISO 12800 and 25600)
- Full HD video recording at 30fps
- 49 point AF positions
- Art filters: 8 Advanced Filters plus 5 Film Simulation modes
- In-camera RAW processing
- Q button for list view of frequently-used menus and smooth configuration
- Hot shoe
- Wireless image transfer to smart phones and tablet PCs via FUJIFILM Camera App
- PC Autosave Wi-Fi®* connectivity to PCs (for easy image backup)
- Available in three colors: Black, Blue and Red
- Compatible with all FUJIFILM X Mount lenses
- Taking over where the FUJINON XC16-50F3.5-5.6 OIS lens finishes, the wide zoom range of the FUJINON XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS, starts at 76mm and goes to 350mm(*6) with consistently outstanding optical performance all the way through. The powerful 50-230mm lens will let you capture your subject at a distance with clarity.
- The all-glass 10 group / 13 element lens configuration includes 1 aspherical lens and 1 ED lens. Superb optical performance is ensured via optical image stabilisation effectively minimising blur when shooting at longer focal lengths or in low light.
- A reduced weight focusing lens combined with a high-precision stepping motor guarantees high-speed autofocusing and suppresses any noise from the zoom mechanism.
- This lens will also be available in two different colors, Black and Silver.