The previously rumored entry level DSLR camera is now officially announced - the new Canon EOS Rebel T6 is a minor update to the previous T5 model - it has built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, new Digic 4+ processor and better LCD screen. The US price is $549 or $749 for a two lens kit. The rest of the technical specifications are:
- 18.0 Megapixel Canon CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4+ Image Processor for excellent image quality and speedy operation.
- ISO 100–6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low light.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC connectivity* for easy sharing to smart devices, social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- 9‐point AF system (including one center cross‐type AF point) and AI Servo AF provide impressive autofocus performance with accurate results.
- High-performance Optical Viewfinder helps facilitate quick and accurate focusing by firmly framing and capturing the subject at hand.
- Large, 3.0-inch LCD monitor with 920,000 dots for easy viewing and reviewing.
- Full HD video mode for high quality, easy-to-use video capture.