The new Laowa Zero-D 12mm f/2.8 distortion-free lens I reported about back in February will be officially announced on July 30th at 7 pm EST. The retail price will be USD 949, early birds will be able to get discounts. There are several better photos of the actual lens on flickr (credit: Daniel Han):
Update: the Nikon version of the lens can be seen here.
Sample video footage taken with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D lens:
Sample photos can be found on flickr:
- Image circle: 24x36
- Field of view: 121.96°
- Optical formula: 16 elements, including 2 aspherical elements and 3 elements made of glass with anomalous dispersion, in 10 groups
- Number of aperture blades: 7
- Aperture range: f/2.8 - f/22
- Manual focus
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.18m
- Maximum magnification: 0.2x
- Maximum diameter: 74.8mm
- Length: 82.2mm
- Weight: circa 570g.
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K, Sony A and Sony E mounts
Venus Optics Laowa lenses are available at B&H.