CES 2011 is now over. Many compact cameras were announced, but the stars of the show IMHO were the Olympus E-PL2 and Olympus XZ-1. Dpreview has a samples gallery of the Olympus XZ-1. A hands-on of the Olympus E-PL2 can be found on AP. Both Olympus E-PL2 and Olympus XZ-1 cameras are now available for pre-order.
Here is some additional coverage:
- DSLR magazine reports that Panasonic will release a new, optimized for video lens 12-50mm f/2.5-3.3 and Olympus will announce a new M4/3 PRO camera and lenses probably in the second quarter of 2011.
- AP reports that the Sony a700 replacement will probably be released this year (2011) and "it would definitely use the translucent mirror technology", a better EVF, up to 25MP sensor, high ISO settings "up into the hundreds of thousands", magnesium alloy body and price in the range of $1200.
- Sony is also expected to start incorporating more functionality control buttons on their lenses like a 15x magnified view of the frame to ensure accurate focus (possible only with EVF).
- Here is a Sony CLM-V55 external monitor for Alpha DSLR cameras shown at CES 2011.
- C-net has a good recap on all digital cameras from the show.