Update: the Panasonic GX1 announcement will be on November 8th, 2011.
According to digicame-info, Panasonic will announce a new Micro Four Thirds camera called GX1 with the following specs:
- appearance and size similar to the Lumix GF1
- 16MP sensor (from the G3)
- new image processing engine
- high ISO: 12800
- very fast AF
- 920k touchscreen
- LVF2 external viewfinder with 1,440,000 dots
- kit lens: Lumix GX 14-42mm.
- will be available in two colors: black and silver
- announcement on
October 25November 8th, released on the Japanese market on November 25th, few weeks later in Europe and the US
Few months ago Panasonic did mentioned in an interview that they intend to split the Lumix GF line into consumer and professional cameras. The GX1 could be the first model form the new "professional" GF line.