Today Olympus announced that four new companies have joined the Micro Four Thirds System Standard Group:
- Blackmagic Design - an Australian company established in 1984 that manufactures high quality electronic equipment for broadcast and video production, known for their Cinema camera with MFT mount.
- JK Imaging Ltd. - an American company established in 2012, that recently announced their first, Kodak branded, MFT camera.
- Photron Limited - a Japanese company established in 1968 that provides manufacturing, sales and service of professional film and video equipment and photo- instrumentation.
- SVS-Vistek GmbH - a German company established in 2001 that develops, manufactures and distributes professional machine vision components and systems.
- ViewPLUS Inc. - A Japanese company established in 1998 that provides video equipment and the solutions which link communication and image processing as well as sensing technology.
Olympus Imaging Corp. and Panasonic Corporation jointly announced the Micro Four Thirds System standard in 2008 and have since been working together to promote the standard. Now we are pleased to announce that five more companies have recently declared their support for the standard and will be introducing products compliant with the Micro Four Thirds System standard.
Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd., one of the world's leading innovators and manufacturers of creative video technology; JK Imaging Ltd., new representative for the world-famous "KODAK" branded cameras; PHOTRON LIMITED, the world's leading manufacturer of high speed digital imaging systems; SVS-VISTEK GmbH, an innovative company that develops professional machine vision components and systems and ViewPLUS Inc., a developer of advanced imaging-related equipment. With the addition of exciting new products from these companies, the Micro Four Thirds lineup will become much more diverse, further increasing the potential of this advanced digital imaging system.
As the company responsible for initiating both the Four Thirds System and Micro Four Thirds System standards, Olympus Imaging Corp. will continue to develop and enhance the product lineup for both standards to meet the diverse needs of our customers.
Here is the full list of Micro Four Thirds System Standard Group supporting companies: