Dpreview published their CP+ interviews with Toshihisa Iida from Fujifilm. Here are the key points:
- Mirrorless market in Japan is 40%, in Asia is 25%, in the US and Europe is 10% (Nikon said the same thing during their interview).
- Fuji sells more high-end cameras that bring more profit, especially in the US.
- New X-E2 firmware is coming soon - it will improve the refresh rate of the EVF and will add interval shooting function.
- For now the 16MP sensor is the best combination of resolution and signal to noise ratio.
- Fuji is planning to compete on the full frame market.
Today Fujifilm announced that the company won five iF product design awards for the Fujifilm X-M1, XQ1, X100S, X20 and Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic cameras.