Today SLR Magic officially announced their HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 lens which will be available in M mount, LM mount for cinematography, E-mount and for Micro Four Thirds cameras. Some pre-production samples can be found on LeicaRumors. The lens is expected to start shipping in September 2012. The price was not announced.
SLR Magic expands its M mount lineup with a new normal focal length lens
Hong Kong, China (January 1, 2012) - SLR Magic opens up the M mount lens lineup with the new SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 ultra fast normal focal length lens. The world's fastest interchangeable camera lens with an image circle beyond full frame coverage in its focal length, the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 concept lens will be publicly available for experience testing in September 2012 at Photokina in Cologne, Germany.
The field of view of this new HyperPrime Lens corresponds to a 50mm lens in 35mm format. It is optimized to be shot wide open. This ultra fast normal focal length prime lens opens up many new creative composition opportunities, particularly in the fields of available light, in portrait, and street cinematography. Built with modern non aspherical lens technology, the lens excels at defocusing busy backgrounds at T0.95. A minimum focus distance of 0.70m allows for artistic bokeh effect. A fast maximum aperture of T0.95 makes the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 ideal for available-light photography.
Our highest priority in the development of all HyperPrime lenses is to fulfill the demands of professional cinematographers and photographers. The design and build of the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95 is solid and reliable.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 50mm T0.95, a concept lens, will be available from authorized SLR Magic dealers by the end of September 2012.
- Lens Type: Fast normal lens with seven Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
- Compatible Cameras: All RangeFinder M mount, LM mount for cinematography, E-mount, and Micro Four Thirds cameras
- Optical Design: 12 elements in 7 groups
- Distance range: 0.70m to ∞, combined scale meter/feet
- Aperture: Manually controlled diaphragm, 12 aperture blades (circular), lowest value 16
- Bayonet: M-mount, E-mount, micro four thirds
- Filter Mount: 62mm; filter mount does not rotate
- Surface Finish: Black anodized
- Dimensions (length to bayonet mount): approx. 95mm (approx. 3.74in) without hood, approx. 110mm (approx. 4.33in) with retractable hood
- Largest diameter: approx. 73mm (approx. 2.87in)
- Weight: approx. 975g (approx. 34.39oz)