- Shipping in February
- Price: $799
- 1.5 in. 14.3MP CMOS sensor
- 4x zoom (28-112mm) optical zoom lens
- aperture range: f/2.5-16
- 14-bit RAW file support
- new DIGIC 5 image processor
- up to 6fps/4.5 fps at full resolution
- face detection
- HDR mode
- FullHD 1080 video
- 720p Movie Digest mode (automatically compile a video from stills)
It seems that Canon is not ready to release a mirrorless camera system and they just spiced up their G line.
The article also mentioned two new Elph models:
- Canon Elph520HS ($299) with MicroSD card slot, 12x zoom, 10.1MP, ISO range up to 3,200, 3 in. screen, up to 6.8 fps.
- Canon Elph 110HS ($249) with 16.1MP, DIGIC 5 image processor, 3,200 ISO, FullHD 1080p video recording, 5x (24-120mm) zoom, 3-inch screen, up to 5.8fps and Movie Digest mode.