Last month Celestron announced their new Nightscape 8300 that is described as "the most affordable feature-rich KAF-8300 camera" for shooting the night sky. The Celestron Nightscape is now available for $ 1,419.00. Detailed features and some sample images after the break:
Celestron Nightscape 8300 camera features:
- Uses the famous KAF-8300 CCD that imagers have grown to love, due to the high resolution, low noise, great sensitivity and affordable cost.
- A large 22.5mm diagonal CCD chip offers 8.3 megapixels of resolution. That means capturing a larger swatch of the sky with greater detail than similarly priced CCD cameras.
- Nightscape 8300 is the most affordable feature-rich KAF-8300 camera readily available, retaining all of the advanced features found in more expensive cameras to obtain stunning astrophotos.
- Regulated thermoelectric cooling and adjustable fan dramatically reduces thermal noise, producing superior images.
- AstroFX software - takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result.
- The TEC and 16-bit A/D conversion provide lower noise and greater bit-depth than DSLR cameras, making the Nightscape 8300 an ideal upgrade for DSLR imagers who want to advance to CCD imaging and capture greater detail in every shot.
- Internal mechanical shutter makes dark frame acquisition easy – no need to cap the telescope.
- Internal 32MB SDRAM full frame memory buffer, ensures accurate and reliable image downloads
- Specially designed IR-cut optical window with anti-reflection multi-coatings provides 94% (or greater) transmission of Hydrogen Alpha wavelength and maximum overall light transmission.
- Celestron’s design combines form and function: Elegant industrial design, innovative heat-sink and air-flow system for efficient cooling, and cylindrical body is Fastar-friendly.
- Removable 2” nosepiece is threaded for 2” filters.
- ASCOM drivers are included for use with many other popular imaging software programs.