- Teledyne-DALSA announced 60MP medium format CCD sensor - currently the highest resolution available in the industry within the 645 format.
- PictureCode announced Photo Ninja.
- Hasselblad announced H4D tether plug-in solution for Adobe Lightroom 4.
- Fujifilm announced Instax mini 8.
- Magic Lantern firmware for Canon 5D Mark III Alpha version released.
- Ritz Camera to liquidate after failing to find buyer.
- Kodak makes organizational changes, further reduces workforce.
- Sony outsourcing sensor production to Fujitsu.
- Fujifilm will no longer produce motion picture film:
Fujifilm has mainly provided negative films for shooting and positive films for projection in its motion picture film business operations. However, in order to adapt to the recent rapid transition of digitalization in the shooting, producing, projecting and archiving processes of motion pictures Fujifilm has decided to shift its business operations to provide products and services designed for digital workflow of motion picture production and projection.