→ DJI announced Inspire 1: a new quadcopter capable of capturing 4K video and transmitting the HD video signal to multiple devices straight out of the box (check pricing, specs and availability at Adorama and B&H).
→ The Sigma dp1 Quattro camera is now in stock.
→ Spend over $450 on a Gitzo tripod by 12/31/2014 and get $150 prepaid Visa giftcard (rebate form).
→ Amazon prime members now have free unlimited photo storage that also includes RAW files.
→ Phase One announced new A-Series medium format "mirrorless" camera. Additional information is available here.
→ Three new JVC 4KCAM professional camcorders were announced: GY-HM170, GY-HM220 and GY-LS300.
→ New Sony 1.5-inch 4.85MP IMX189AEG 9.78um x 4.89um pixels with global shutter sensor leaked online: it can record 6K video @ 240fps and 2K @ 16,000 fps, it also features "Active Pixel Color Sampling" and each pixel can sense three RGB colors. Keep in mind that this sensor will be used in future Sony Xperia Z4 smartphones and there is no indication for now if this technology will move over to the camera business.
The Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Apo Planar T* lens is now shipping and is currently in stock at Amazon US and Amazon Germany.
Technical details, sample images and additional information on the new lens can be found here.
With the new EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens, Canon Germany also had a listing for the previously rumored EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens on their website earlier today (see screenshot above). The text is now removed, but here is the translation:
The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens is now officially announced and is available for pre-order at Adorama, B&H and Amazon. Sample photos can be found here. Additional information:
- EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- One Fluorite and One Super UD Element
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Lens Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF Motor, Internal Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer with 3 Modes
- Rotating Zoom Ring & Torque Adjustment
- Weather-Sealed Design
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
||100 - 400mm
||Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6
|Camera Mount Type
||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
|Angle of View
||24° - 6° 10'
|Minimum Focus Distance
||3.2' (97.54 cm)
||Not Specified By Manufacturer
||Yes Removable - rotating
||Approx. 3.7 x 7.6" (93.98 x 193.04 mm)
||3.5 lb (1.59 kg)
Rokinon announced a new 12mm T3.1 ED AS IF NCS UMC Cine DS fisheye lens for Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K, Sony A and Sony E mounts:
- Canon EF Mount Lens/ Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: T3.1 to 22
- Three Extra Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Nano Crystal and UMC Lens Coating
- Manual Focus; Internal Focus System
- Geared Focus and Aperture Rings
- De-Clicked Manual Aperture Ring
- 180º Angle of View
- Removable Petal-Shaped Lens Hood
It seems that the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens is already officially announced - PDN already has their article online:
- Improved four stops image stabilization
- The original “push-pull” zoom has been redesigned to a rotating zoom (updated)
- Improved optical design: one Flourite and one Super UD lens element
- Newly developed Air Sphere Coating to minimize flaring and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance: 3.2 feet
- Flourine coatings on the front and rear elements
- Weather resistant magnesium housing
- The lens will be priced at $2,199
Update: the post is now removed - I guess PDN published it prematurely. You can still access the cached version here.
Rumors started surfacing online for new Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and 1D X Mark II DSLR cameras that could be released in early 2015 (most likely for the CES or CP+ shows). The 1D X Mark II will reportedly be announced first, but will ship later in 2015. There are no additional details or specifications for now.