Any idea what this Canon lens cap is for?

A reader sent me this picture of what appears to be a smaller Canon lens cap. Does anyone have an idea what kind of Canon product uses this type? The size looks like 2/3 of a regular Canon lens cap. Could this be for Canon's mirrorless system?

Update: this is a rear cap from a Canon video lens. Sorry, false alarm.

This entry was posted in Canon and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.
  • FCC disclosure statement: this post may contain affiliate links or promotions that do not cost readers anything but help keep this website alive. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Thanks for your support!

  • Back to top