Photokina is the biggest show for photography equipment that takes place every 2 years in Cologne, Germany. This year Photokina will be between September 21- 26. Here is a summary of all rumors, predictions and expectations for the main players in the industry:
- Canon: Canon G12 is a given, based on previous release patterns (they release a new version every year in September). Low chance for a new small/compact DSLR. Pictures of the Canon 60D are already available online, so you know that one is coming. There could be more PowerShots cameras like the S95, SX30 and SX130. I am sure that Canon will also release new lenses as well but I have not idea what exactly.
- Sony: no new Sony full frame camera for Photokina but plenty of APS-C cameras: at least three, maybe even four - A33, A55, A560 and A580. Lenses: new set of Zeiss lenses for the NEX system and maybe a new set of Alpha prime lenses (some of them could be Zeiss).
- Pentax: full frame camera from Pentax probably won't happen this year. There is a very good chance that there will be a new Pentax EVIL camera at Photokina. On the DSLR front Pentax will release new K-5 and K-r models.
- Samsung: a new NX100 mirrorless camera, new 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 and 20mm pancake lenses are expected. A 60mm macro lens is also a possibility.
- Panasonic: a new GH (probably called GH2) and a new GF cameras (the GF1 was announced in September, 2009). New m4/3 lenses are also expected: 14mm f/2.5 and the 100-300mm lens.
- Olympus: Olympus E-3 successor is certain and probably a new PEN, since they are on a 6 months refresh cycle: the E-P2 was released in November 2009, the E-PL1 was released in May, 2010 - you do the math.
- Sinar: new digital back.
Lenses manufacturers after the break:
- Sigma: Sigma will probably join the EVIL world and will show at least a prototype of a mirrorless camera at Photokina. Besides that, the only other rumor I have is about a new Sigma 300-800mm F/5.6 lens.
- Tamron: there were some reprots that Tamron will release lenses for the Sony NEX and Samsung NX mirrorless systems: 24-50mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, 75-200mm f/4.5-6.3 VR and a 90mm f/3.5 VR macro lenses. Another rumor indicated Tamron could start producing m4/3 lenses.